[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue.declare arguments

Pieter de Zwart pdezwart at rubiconproject.com
Tue Oct 11 07:37:31 BST 2011

Hey everyone,

I am trying to implement support for passing arguments to queue.declare in the PHP extension for AMQP. Based on the docs, arguments are up to the server to implement, but are based on an amqp_table_t structure. Based on previous email threads and some basic research, the full list of supported keys for the table seem to be: x-expires, x-message-ttl, x-ha-policy and x-ha-policy-params. Is this still the complete list? It seems like I should just give people the ability to set any key they want.

The definition of an amqp_table_entry is a key (amqp_bytes) and value (amqp_field_value_t). The latter has a definition of:

typedef struct amqp_field_value_t_ { char kind; union { amqp_boolean_t boolean; int8_t i8; uint8_t u8; int16_t i16; uint16_t u16; int32_t i32; uint32_t u32; int64_t i64; uint64_t u64; float f32; double f64; amqp_decimal_t decimal; amqp_bytes_t bytes; amqp_table_t table; amqp_array_t array; } value; } amqp_field_value_t;

Im assuming therefore that I can shove any kind/value combo for any key, and let the rabbitmq-c client/broker figure out the details. Is that correct?

Thank you for your help.

Pieter