[rabbitmq-discuss] upgrading message consumers

Petar Shomov pshomov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 09:48:08 BST 2011

Hi guys,

I have a message that takes relatively long to process. I have a few
instances of this message consumer running and processing messages. Next I
have a new version of the consumer that I would like to deploy. I would like
to upgrade the consumers (one by one or all at the same time, not a big
difference to me) without crashing whatever they might be doing at the
moment. Are there any best practices around this process?

I was thinking about writing a file in a well known location which each
consumers will check for after they are done processing a message and before
they accept the next one. Something along those lines.

Any ideas are welcome!

Regards,

Petar