[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMq and REST

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Nov 30 17:46:02 GMT 2011

On 30/11/11 12:22, felix.devasia at accenture.com wrote:
> I have a RabbitMq server running in the cloud. I have a requirement
> where a web application running on a traditional server needs to post a
> message to the RabbitMq.
>
> Can
>
> 1)RabbitMq be tweaked to listen to REST requests,

The management plugin provides a
(very-nearly-REST-but-we-don't-call-it-that) API:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/raw-file/rabbitmq_v2_7_0/priv/www/api/index.html

Note that the actual messaging bits of that are rather basic and don't
take reliability into account, so I don't know if they will be adequate
for you.

> 2)or should there be an adapter (ratpack / custom) which can listen to
> REST messages and talk to RabbitMq via AMQP?

I'm not aware of anything that's publicly available, although I'd be
interested to hear if someone has written such a thing.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware