[rabbitmq-discuss] Debugging AD

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 14:40:49 GMT 2011

Simon,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
> Partially. other_bind controls how to connect to the LDAP server to retrieve
> *authorisation* details (i.e. look up permissions). The plugin will still
> connect using your details to perform *authentication* (i.e. does this
> username / password combination work?)
>
> Does this fit your needs? If not, how would you want it to work?

Pardon my ignorance of how LDAP works, but basically I am trying to
port a known working LDAP configuration from some Java app that
supplies a statically defined username/password in order to submit the
authenication (aka bind) query.

So what you are suggesting seems to make sense, so  I'll give it a bash.

Cheers,

Ben