[rabbitmq-discuss] Publish on a queue, Wait for Reply on another, add time out for the monitor (Select Connection)

Christopher Lefevre CLefevre at Transparent.com
Tue Nov 29 21:33:08 GMT 2011

Hello,
I'm trying to do EXACTLY THIS:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2799731/wait-for-a-single-rabbitmq-message-with-a-timeout
However I'm using Pika for all of my RabbitMQ communications, and unfortunately the "Answer" is just "Fixed" which isn't really applicable to use in my situation.

For a quick summary, I'm trying to send a message to RabbitMQ, then wait on a reply from the workers on the other side of the RabbitMQ queue on an exclusive queue. I would like to have a timeout setting on the monitor to wait for the message, just in case the server is down, or taking an absurd amount of time.

For details on the connections, I've coded a synchronous publisher that uses one Select connection to connect to RabbitMQ, publishes the message on one channel, and consumes on a UUID channel.