[rabbitmq-discuss] Debugging AD

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Nov 29 18:33:49 GMT 2011

Ben,

On 29/11/11 18:16, Ben Hood wrote:
> The first iteration of my /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config looks like this:

> {rabbit, [{auth_backends, [rabbit_auth_backend_ldap,
> rabbitmq_auth_backend_internal]}]  },

Those should all be sans mq, since they refer to module names. So the
second one is wrong.

>   {rabbitmq_auth_backend_ldap,

Correct. This is referring to the app/plugin.

> However, the effect of this is that the management plugin no longer
> responds to any requests (I haven't yet tried to establish an AMQP
> connection yet). This is what I gleaned from the SASL log:
>
> =CRASH REPORT==== 29-Nov-2011::18:06:59 ===
>    crasher:
>      initial call: mochiweb_acceptor:init/3
>      pid:<0.288.0>
>      registered_name: []
>      exception error: undefined function
> rabbitmq_auth_backend_ldap:check_user_login/2
>        in function  rabbit_access_control:'-check_user_login/2-fun-0-'/4
>        in call from lists:foldl/3
>        in call from rabbit_mgmt_app:'-make_loop/0-fun-0-'/4
>        in call from mochiweb_http:headers/5

You'd get the above if the auth_backends config entry contained
rabbitmq_auth_backend_ldap, which, as per the above, should be
rabbit_auth_backend_ldap instead. That's what you have in the config you
posted though, so I suspect the error is from a different run.

Regards,

Matthias.