[rabbitmq-discuss] Failing on restart and recovering queues

Pierre Payet amnema at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:13:03 GMT 2011

2011/11/28 Matthias Radestock <matthias at rabbitmq.com>

> On 28/11/11 19:20, Pierre Payet wrote:
>
>> After a crash of the Rabbitmq server,
>>

> Do you know what happened? Did it run out of disk space by any chance?

It's not the disk space but I'm not sure of how to answer this question.
Looking at the rabbitmq at curtiz.log.1, the last event reported is a tcp
connection attempt but no trace of the fulfilling of it.
Looking at rabbitmq-sasl.log.1 I just have this message :
=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 23-Nov-2011::17:36:29 ===
     Supervisor: {<0.1220.149>,
                                           rabbit_channel_sup_sup}
     Context:    shutdown_error
     Reason:     shutdown
     Offender:   [{pid,<0.1222.149>},
                  {name,channel_sup},
                  {mfa,{rabbit_channel_sup,start_link,[]}},
                  {restart_type,temporary},
                  {shutdown,infinity},
                  {child_type,supervisor}]

I've limited the amount of memory to 20% and i'm using blocking connection
with pika to publish a message. Here is the python code :
    connection =
pika.BlockingConnection(pika.ConnectionParameters(host=host))
    channel = connection.channel()

    channel.queue_declare(queue=queue, durable=True)

    channel.basic_publish(exchange='', routing_key=queue, body=url,
properties=pika.BasicProperties(delivery_mode = 2,))

    connection.close()

I have remarked that i have a lot's of connection running at the same time.
Could it be a too high amount of connection to the server that crashed it ?
Do you think i don't close properly the connection knowing that there is 6
instances of my program running at the same time ?

>  Can anyone help me to recover the messages in the queue ?
>>

> Try deleting /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit at curtiz/queues/67BZ7QWHYIY1S405V2E0881G9/37.idx.
> Hopefully that will allow rabbit to start with at least some of the data
> still present.

I managed to restart the server so it solved the problem. Thank you.

Regards

Payet P