[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-server crashes hard while consuming 31GB of RAM

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 28 15:54:25 GMT 2011

On 28/11/11 12:43, Muharem Hrnjadovic wrote:
> OK, did that, please the attachment on
>      https://bugs.launchpad.net/openquake/+bug/894024/comments/4
>
> Sorry, it took a while to provide that data.

Oh, that's fine. Thanks for this.

So we can see that one queue process is taking up 10G, and there's
nothing much else that is eating up large quantities of memory. That's
quite a lot, but if nothing else is using the memory then there's no
reason to stop it.

So I'm afraid you'll have to upgrade Erlang - so we can find out whether
the VM really is trying to allocate more than 6 exabytes of memory...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware