[rabbitmq-discuss] trouble to upgrade from 2.6.1 to 2.7.0 on OS X

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Wed Nov 23 10:12:13 GMT 2011

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear you are having problems installing rabbitmq-server using
macports.

We have had one report of a problem internally, but not with the same symptoms
as yours.

Your note implies that port thinks rabbitmq-server is already installed at the
highest version (although it is hard to tell from so little information),

so let me ask the usual questions:

What do you have in the macports sources.conf file?

(I have:
    http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/macports
    rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/ [default]

in that order.... please check the *order* of your lines.)

(It appears that 2.7.0 hasn't yet reached rsync.macports.org.)

Do a 'port list rabbitmq-server' (not a search) -- you should see:
    rabbitmq-server                @2.7.0          net/rabbitmq-server
    rabbitmq-server                @2.6.1          net/rabbitmq-server
do you?

Did you do a sudo port sync? Have you done a 'selfupdate' recently?

When I do a port upgrade (after including rabbitmq /releases/macports in
sources.conf and 'sudo port sync') it works fine for me, so if everything checks
out, then you should do:

    sudo port unload rabbitmq-server
    sudo port uninstall rabbitmq-server
    sudo port -u -v uninstall

and repeat the install sequence (port sync, list and install steps) and see what
version you get.

If this continues to be a problem, then please attach macports logs with your
reply, and I'll try to diagnose it.

Steve Powell  (a curious bunny)
----------some more definitions from the SPD----------
avoirdupois (phr.) 'Would you like peas with that?'
distribute (v.) To denigrate an award.
definite (phr.) 'It's hard of hearing, I think.'
modest (n.) The most mod.

On 22 Nov 2011, at 16:02, Cao, Yican - 0661 - MITLL wrote:
> Anyone experiences similar problem?
> I could not upgrade from 2.6.1 to 2.7.0 using macports.
. . .