[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster Memory Usage

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 21 20:39:18 GMT 2011

Cameron,

On 20/11/11 16:49, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> Once connected, evaluate
>
> io:format("~p", [lists:reverse(lists:sort([{process_info(Pid, memory),
> Pid, process_info(Pid)} || Pid <- processes()]))]).
>
> Post the result and the output of 'rabbitmqctl status' at the time.

[output received off-list - thanks]

The memory is taken up by the mirror queue slave Erlang process.

How many messages were in the queue at the time?

Also, what memory limit does rabbit report in its log?

Are both nodes configured as disk nodes?

You mentioned that acks are batched; what is the batch size?

You mentioned that publishers use 'confirms'. Do they wait for
confirmation after every message, after some batch of messages, or do
they let confirms stream in completely independently?

I have so far failed to reproduce your observations locally. Is there
any chance you could give us access to the slave machine?

Regards,

Matthias.