[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Shovel Connections

Jelle Smet smetj.net at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 10:00:42 GMT 2011

> Try configuring heartbeats for the connections, which will allow rabbit
> to detect this situation much more promptly. See the shovel readme for
> how to do that.

ok, done that.

I'd suggest that you use "amqp://" instead of "amqp://localhost".

ok, done that.

 epmd should have nothing to do with this. And killing epmd does not kill
> rabbit

Well after killing the rabbit processes there's one which can't be killed
and stays open, which is epmd.

Thanks for the pointers, I'll leave the setup running with these changes
and report any changes.