[rabbitmq-discuss] Ubuntu 11.10 does not shutdown

Sampo Savolainen sampo.savolainen at spatineo.com
Sun Nov 20 11:47:39 GMT 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> On 16/11/11 13:52, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
>
>> err was empty and log contained only this:
>>
>> Stopping and halting node rabbit at blanko ...
>> ...done.
>>

> ...and this was definitely after shutdown had *hung*? Because that looks
> like it had succeeded. Was the timestamp on the log plausible?

You were right that this is worth checking out: It seems it's not the
rabbitmq service script which fails. I deleted the shutdown logs, and
checked the /var/log/rabbitmq directory after shutdown failed. The logs had
not been created.

So it seems having rabbitmq running is preventing another service
(network-manager perhaps?) from shutting down cleanly.

 Sampo