[rabbitmq-discuss] Ubuntu 11.10 does not shutdown

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Nov 17 11:47:53 GMT 2011

On 16/11/11 13:52, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
> err was empty and log contained only this:
>
> Stopping and halting node rabbit at blanko ...
> ...done.

...and this was definitely after shutdown had *hung*? Because that looks
like it had succeeded. Was the timestamp on the log plausible?

> So much for that then. Any other ideas?

I might try to scrounge up a laptop and stick ubuntu on it just to see
if it's somehow connected to wifi being in use, but I'm not optimistic.

If you were feeling energetic you could try patching

ping -c 1 $(hostname) > /some/file

into the init script just before the "$CONTROL stop ..." line, to see if
somehow the network is in another state at this point. But again it
feels like a long shot.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen