[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ network issue (IP change) on cluster

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Nov 16 23:38:03 GMT 2011

On 09/11/11 00:43, Yu-Teh Shen wrote:
> So I need to manually reset the cluster after each node reboot?

No, you don't.

> Is it because I need to reboot for sequentially?
> For example, halt sequence A, B, C and I need to boot C, B, A?

That is preferable, but nothing bad should happen if you start the nodes
in a different order; at worst some nodes may wait until other nodes are up.

The "partitioned network" error you were getting is usually an
indication that nodes were operating independently from each other. That
shouldn't happen if all you did was to restart them, so it's not clear
what caused the error.

Matthias.