[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering of Rabbit MQ on thwo physical boxes.

GS shuklagauravjn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:00:39 GMT 2011

I had a question about clustering rabbit on two separate physical
machine. The OS is unix. I was going through some blogs like
http://www.godlikemouse.com/2010/12/14/how-to-cluster-rabbit-mq/ and
it says that you have to change the /etc/hosts file. My organization
does not permits that change. IS it still possible to have a cluster
setup on two separate physical machines, without changing the /etc/
hosts file?

Are the steps mentioned at http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html
sufficient? I am not doubting the content, but my experience of
http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html#single-machine was not good.