[rabbitmq-discuss] Management Web Server on Windows with 2.7.0

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 14 18:09:22 GMT 2011

Hi,

> I've also tried executing:
> rabbitmq-server remove
> rabbitmq-server install
> rabbitmq-server start

That looks really strange.  I assume you meant, rabbitmq-service.

> When I execute rabbitmq-plugins.bat list, I see that
> rabbitmq_management (and its dependent plugins) are enabled.

That's good.  After starting the broker, run
  rabbitmqctl status

The stuff at the top of the output lists running applications.  You
should see rabbitmq_management in the list.

> I've enabled the rabbitmq_management plugin and restarted the windows
> service for rabbitmq, but I cannot connect to http://localhost:55672/
> and netstat tells me that nothing is listening on port 55672.

For the Windows service, you need to re-install it for the changes in
plugins configuration to show.  I think you're already doing this, but
to rule out problems related to this, could you try running:
  rabbitmqctl stop
  rabbitmq-server
and check the URL?

If this works, you're not re-installing the service correctly.

Cheers,
Alex