[rabbitmq-discuss] Crash in rabbit_management_agent-2.7.0

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 11 12:52:59 GMT 2011

On 11/11/11 12:19, Richard Jones wrote:
> Conversely, if I just start vim, like so:
>    su rabbitmq -s /bin/sh -c "vim"
> then everything in the /proc/PID dir *is* owned by rabbitmq.
>
> If I just start erl, it's the same as starting rabbit (proc/PID/fd
> owned by root)
>
> At a bit of a loss.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either.

 > /usr/local/lib/erlang/erts-5.8.1/bin/beam.smp

This is the only thing to leap out - you have a self compiled Erlang but
you installed RabbitMQ using the .deb? I still don't see how that would
be the issue though.

Anyway, I've put a management agent plugin that should handle failure to
open /proc/<pid>/fd at:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.7.0/rabbitmq_management_agent-2.7.0.proc-fix.ez

- could you download this to
/usr/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-2.7.0/plugins/, delete the other
management-agent, and see if this fixes the problem?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware