[rabbitmq-discuss] object not found in RabbitMQ admin panel

Raymond Barlow mrraymondbarlow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 23:27:51 GMT 2011

Hi guys,

I've installed the RabbitMQ admin panel on our servers, and it doesn't seem
to work as expected.

If I go to the list of exchange, or queues, or anything, and click on one
of the objects there, I get this message for them all:

Not found

The object you clicked on was not found; it may have been deleted on the
server.

They definitely exist, as I can use the command line tool to view them and
get the required info on them. The 2 servers this is failing on are ubuntu.
If I run it locally on my OSX Lion box, all is good.

One problem may be that it is running behind nginx, and I've had to do some
url rewrite to get it to work. I'm not really an ngix guru, and this is
probably not the place to ask about this, but here is the location that
I've cobbled together to get it (mostly) working:

location /rabbitadmin {
        proxy_pass              http://127.0.0.1:55672;
        proxy_set_header        X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header        Host $http_host;
        rewrite ^/rabbitadmin/(.*)$ /$1 break;
      }

Help appreciated!

Regards,