[rabbitmq-discuss] Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at localhost: nodedown

Matti Linnanvuori matti.linnanvuori at portalify.com
Tue Nov 1 07:59:39 GMT 2011

When I ran OCF resource agents that tried to contact RabbitMQ server at address rabbit at localhost, they failed. When I try e.g. the following, I get an error:

rabbitmqctl -n rabbit at localhost status
Status of node rabbit at localhost ...
Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at localhost: nodedown
diagnostics:
- nodes and their ports on localhost: [{rabbit,57478},
                                       {rabbitmqctl15057,44146}]
- current node: 'rabbitmqctl15057 at iac-pgis'
- current node home dir: /var/lib/rabbitmq
- current node cookie hash: Q6gFuwANTK79hr/vMOmpWg==

When I run rabbitmqctl with rabbitmqctl -n rabbit at iac-pgis status, where iac-pgis is the hostname, I get the connection.
Should the resource agents contact RabbitMQ server with `hostname -s`?

Matti Linnanvuori