[rabbitmq-discuss] Build rabbitmq-server-2.4.1 from source problem

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Tue May 31 13:47:27 BST 2011

Hi,

To use the Erlang client I created an App following the OTP design principles (folder structure, etc).

Then I have a folder deps like this:

deps /
	amqp_client/
	rabbit_common/

I've got the content of those folders from the .ez files distributed on the plugins area of rabbitmq.com

So I have a rebar.config file like this:

	{erl_opts, [debug_info, fail_on_warning,
  		{i, "include"},
		{i, "deps"}
	]}.

Which AFAIK will be translated to an erlc option like: erlc -I deps -I include … etc etc

Then on my app .hrl file with the records definitions and so on I added:

-include_lib("amqp_client/include/amqp_client.hrl").

-include_lib then will try to find the amqp_client app in your load path… which is what the -I deps option should take care off.

I think that's the *way* of doing it in Erlang, probably Matthew can comment on that.

Cheers,

-Alvaro

On May 31, 2011, at 2:37 PM, Alexander Kuleshov wrote:

> Thank you all. I build it with python 2.6.
>
> Now i have 2 question:
>
> 1) How can i use it in my erlang code? I must to user
> rabbitmq-erlang-client? or something else?
>
> I build rabbitmq-erlang-client from github git. I put in my code:
>
> -include("amqp_client.hrl").
>
> But get error:
>
> ./test.erl:10: can't find include file "amqp_client.hrl"
>
> 2) How can i install rabbitmq-server. I build it with make. Them i try
> to make install:
>
> make install
> Please set TARGET_DIR.
> Please set SBIN_DIR.