[rabbitmq-discuss] Writing to the mnesia table rabbit_queue, bad idea?

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Fri May 13 17:22:37 BST 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 12:13:13PM -0400, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> From your perspective is there any way to do this that's not a bad
> idea while not impacting production queue use?

No. There are implementation details of Rabbit that make the assumption
this will never happen.

> Your points are valid,
> however since they're arguments and Rabbit doesn't care about or use
> arguments, I wonder how impacting it can be.

Incorrect. Arguments can contain things like queue expiry, or queue
message ttl, or any other extension to queue semantics that we dream up.

That said, with some careful choice, you can be fairly sure to avoid
choosing names that collide with anything we might do, and because
arguments that Rabbit doesn't understand are not semantic altering
anyway, Rabbit will ignore them.

Matthew