[rabbitmq-discuss] Help tracking down disconnection locations in code

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri May 13 12:35:25 BST 2011

On 13/05/11 12:21, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> The only exception is for errors that
> happen while the connection is being established (is that what you're
> asking about? - in which case I think it's permissions as you already
> know, framing errors and internal errors.)

Gah, not quite true. The "silent" disconnections include anything that
goes wrong before sending connection.open-ok, which at a quick glance at
rabbit_reader looks like the possibilities listed above plus the
requested frame_max being out of bounds. In theory it could be that
heartbeat or channel_max could be out of bounds too, but in practice our
"negotiation" for those options is to grant whatever the client asks for.

I don't like this bit of the spec.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen