[rabbitmq-discuss] access to queue or binding arguments?

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Fri May 13 12:26:01 BST 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:00:46PM -0500, Jon Brisbin wrote:
> How do I access the queue or binding arguments from plugins

Plugins: you can't - plugins mainly just use the erlang client and are
generally normal client programs which happen to be running in the same
Erlang VM as Rabbit. Or, they use some other defined API such as

> or custom exchange types?

amqqueue:with/{2,3} is probably what you're after: from there you can
get the #amqqueue record, which contains arguments.

binding:list_for_source/1, binding:list_for_destination/1 et al are what
you want for bindings. From the results, you'll have a list of #binding
records, which contain args.

> Will I need to look this up in mnesia or something?

Yes, but don't do so directly. Use the APIs we provide.

Matthew