[rabbitmq-discuss] Writing to the mnesia table rabbit_queue, bad idea?

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Fri May 13 04:06:02 BST 2011

I am working on a project to manage custom attributes in the queue arguments
table and found that if I write to the rabbit_queue table it will reflect in
the management plugin as I want, without interrupting existing publishers or
consumers.

It seems like it does exactly what I want it to do, which is very cool but
 I can't help but wonder if it's a bad idea though.

Would someone with a good handle on RabbitMQ internals mind taking a look at
my code and let me know if I have anything to worry about?

All write related functions use the write_record/1 function:

https://github.com/gmr/elmer/blob/master/elmer.erl#L98

And examples of use can be found in setup_monitoring/4 at:

https://github.com/gmr/elmer/blob/master/elmer.erl#L27

And toggle_monitoring/2 at:

https://github.com/gmr/elmer/blob/master/elmer.erl#L46

I'm currently working on a cli wrapper for these and plan on releasing this
and the accompanying Nagios integration bits if this is sane enough.

Thanks,

Gavin