[rabbitmq-discuss] Experiments with the fanout exchange and many queues

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 12 17:34:40 BST 2011

On 12/05/11 16:17, Alvaro Videla wrote:
> Please keep in mind that in my case I don't consider this use case a
> typical one, far from it. Still it might be useful for you guys to be
> able to easily reproduce this.

Thanks.

It pains me to say it, but I suspect the management plugin to be the
source of most of your problems. Currently it doesn't deal very well
with large numbers (many thousands) of queues, all of which are active
at once, or with very high rates of connection / channel churn.
Switching off fine grained statistics helps quite a bit, but it's still
not as good as it should be.

Coincidentally I've been doing some work in this area (inspired by Ian
Ragsdale's recent postings), some of which is starting to bear fruit, so
hopefully this sort of scenario will improve in the relatively short term...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ