[rabbitmq-discuss] api/connections failing

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 12 11:31:13 BST 2011

On 11/05/11 22:02, Byron Albert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am getting the bellow error when I try and get /api/connections

<snip>

> {error,{exit,{json_encode,{bad_term,{<<"exchange_exchange_bindings">>,bool,

Short answer: you need to upgrade the server to 2.4.1.

Slightly longer answer: versions of the management plugin prior to 2.4.0
did not correctly handle display of nested AMQP tables. And recent
clients send nested tables to list their capabilities. This is failing
trying to encode the client properties of a newer client.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ