[rabbitmq-discuss] Acks versus Publisher confirms

Simone simone.busoli at gmail.com
Tue May 10 11:01:48 BST 2011

Ok so I get publisher confirms have to do with messages getting from the
publisher to the broker, while acks concern the link from the broker to the
consumer, correct?

With strongest delivery warranty I mean to make sure that once a message has
been published by a publisher it is going to reach all of the consumers
supposed to be receiving it.

Therefore to achieve this sort of thing without using transactions I have to
use both publisher confirms and consumer acks, right? Just trying to get a
better understanding at how this works.

Thanks