[rabbitmq-discuss] Messages Sent Via STOMP Not Surviving Server Restart

Alexander Goldstone alex at kinishi.com
Sat May 7 00:02:54 BST 2011

I am running RabbitMQ 2.4.1 with Erlang R13B03 and I have the management and stomp plugins installed.

I am connecting via telnet to the STOMP port to create a queue and send a message using the following five steps:

STEP 1 - Start the STOMP session using:

		CONNECT
		login:guest
		passcode:guest
		prefetch:1

		^@

STEP 2 - Create a queue using:

		SUBSCRIBE
		destination:/queue/testq
		auto-delete:false
		durable:true

		^@

STEP 3 - Unsubscribe from the queue using:

		UNSUBSCRIBE
		destination:/queue/testq

		^@

STEP 4 - Send a message to the same queue using:

		SEND
		destination:/queue/testq
		delivery-mode:2
		receipt:1

		Test Message Body
		^@

STEP 5 - Disconnect from the STOMP connection using:

		DISCONNECT

		^@

I can see that the message is queued via the management plugin however on restarting the server using 'sudo service rabbitmq-server restart' the queue remains but the message has been lost.

It does not seem to make any difference how long I wait before restarting the server.

Am I doing something obvious wrong? What can I add or change to the above steps to cause messages to persist after a server restart (and therefore hopefully a less graceful server termination)?

Thanks,

Alex