[rabbitmq-discuss] looks like a memory leak, 2.4.1

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue May 3 16:34:32 BST 2011

On 03/05/11 08:46, Daniel Maher wrote:
>>> No, it is in that range.
>>
>> In which case it's clearly not rabbit that is using the memory. So don't
>> blame the poor bunny.
>
> We saw exactly this behaviour in our environment as well : steadily
> increasing memory usage over time, related to Rabbit virtual memory
> usage increasing over time ; however Rabbit real memory usage remained
> relatively low.

That is *not* the same behaviour as Gavin is describing. He is seeing
the rabbit process memory usage (both as reported by rabbit itself and
by the O/S) staying fairly modest at around 330M of virtual memory.
However, the memory usage on the machine overall is increasing over time.

Regards,

Matthias.