[rabbitmq-discuss] Pika and XML-RPC

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Tue May 3 04:28:58 BST 2011

That's a pretty odd error, in essence it is getting a frame it does not understand, which is missing the AMQP Class for the frame sent.

You can try and catch this in your app by handling the NotImplementedError exception for "normal operation," as it appears that this is just a confirmation frame for something you're trying to do, declaring an exchange or queue.

Ideally, if you could get me more information, that'd be great. Please feel free to reply off list. What would help if you can edit line 220 of /home/denis/Tmp/Local/Python/pika-0.9.5/pika/frame.py and change it to raise NotImplementedError(frame), catching the exception and printing the repr of the frame. I could then use that data to try and figure out why you're not getting a valid AMQP Class when the frame is being decoded.

I've not used it with XML-RPC at all. If you want to send test code, I can see about putting it through its paces with that.

Gavin