[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems starting 2.4.0 on OS X w/ mgmt plugins

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 31 07:22:11 BST 2011

Jon,

Jon Brisbin wrote:
> Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
> *WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:bind_socket/2
> *WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:start/0
> *WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:stop/0
> *WARNING* Undefined function webmachine_resource:start_link/2
> 6 plugins activated:
> * amqp_client-2.4.0
> * mochiweb-1.3
> * rabbit_management-2.4.0.1
> * rabbit_management_agent-2.4.0
> * rabbit_mochiweb-2.4.0
> * webmachine-1.7.0
>
> ^C
> BREAK: (a)bort (c)ontinue (p)roc info (i)nfo (l)oaded
>       (v)ersion (k)ill (D)b-tables (d)istribution
> ^C
>
> ^^^^^^^^
> This is where I kill it...then it continues on fine...

Do you encounter the same behaviour w/o any plug-ins installed? I
suspect you do, but please check.

FWIW, I reckon rabbit gets stuck at
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/rabbitmq_v2_4_0/src/rabbit_prelaunch.erl#l250

Does your hostname (jbrisbin) resolve? Is the epmd process running after
you have started rabbit for the first time? And can you connect to epmd
on your hostname ('telnet jbrisbin 4369')?

Regards,

Matthias.