[rabbitmq-discuss] Server error during queue.declare call

Jeroen Janssen jeroen.janssen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:33:43 BST 2011

On Mar 30, 5:34 pm, Matthew Sackman <matt... at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
> > ** Reason for termination ==
> > ** {{timeout,{gen_server2,call,[<0.23461.72>,{init,false}]}},
> >     [{gen_server2,call,2},
>
> Yes, this is a known issue and has been fixed now. Please upgrade to the
> latest version 2.4.0 and you should find this issue goes away.

Ok, that is good to hear!

Now, I'm just wondering about the following:
we are running the EPEL rabbitmq 2.2 rpm on a RHEL 5 machine (on
erlang 14B).

I noticed the EPEL repository doesn't have any 2.4 rpms.

Am I correct to assume that I can just switch to use the rabbitmq-
server-2.4.0-1.noarch.rpm
from the rabbitmq download page and just replace the 2.2 EPEL version?
(persistency of old data is not an issue for us at the moment).

I'll probably do this tomorrow since I do not have access to the
actual machine at the moment.

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen