[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering Internals

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 16:14:34 GMT 2011

So mandatory or not, the channel doesn't release the publisher until it's
routed the message? So if a node crash were to occur while a message was
being routed the publisher could assume the message was lost because the the
publisher would still be waiting to be released when they lost connection?

My understanding previously was that when you publish it's fire-and-forget
while the routing occurs...you're instantly released while the routing is in
process.

-J