[rabbitmq-discuss] Management Plugin Additions

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Mon Mar 21 22:10:14 GMT 2011

I am looking at a project where we would like to append operational data to the Management Plugin user interface that would allow our teams to have a consolidated view of our cluster and consumer status. The plan is just to append a JavaScript include that would append what is needed to the user interface.

Examples of use might be active consumer locations or a note about a queue that could impact what someone may do when it starts to back up.

The initial thought is to allow for a new "priv/www" directory to be specified in rabbitmq.config, where I can extend the existing templates including our 1 javascript file which would append the functionality we would like to the UI.

Is there a better way to handle this? All we really want is to just append the one external JavaScript include.

Alternatively, the easiest implementation is to download the appropriate plugin version from the repo, change the HTML, recompile and distribute. However this adds a bit of overhead with each new RabbitMQ upgrade that could be avoided with such a configuration variable.

If we create such a patch, would it be considered for inclusion so we don't have to maintain our own version of the plugin?

Regards,

Gavin