[rabbitmq-discuss] Help defining appropriate queue model

Michael Bridgen mikeb at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 18 16:31:50 GMT 2011

Fabio,

> I've worked a bit more on my tests by now and another doubt has come
> up. Is there any way to make messages exchanged through x-lvc
> persistent? The scenario I'm exercising is: the publisher sends a
> message to the broker, it is consumed a few times, the broker dies
> and starts up again, then a few new consumers try to receive the
> message. I can't get this to work yet.

Right, at the minute the last values are transient. It probably wouldn't
take much coding to make it save things to disk for durable exchanges.

> From what I've seen in my tests, the exchange only works with
> exclusive queues, is that correct? I've tried creating a named,
> durable queue for all consumers to read from, but in this case the
> message can only be consumed once. On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 10:36,
> Fabio Margarido <fabiomargarido at gmail.com
> <mailto:fabiomargarido at gmail.com>> wrote:

It will work with any queue.   However, if you have many consumers to a
queue, each message will be delivered to one consumer only -- that's the
semantics of AMQP queues.  So, in your case, I think you want a queue
for each consumer anyway.

Michael