[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: Problem with plugin development guide example

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 17 12:27:39 GMT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 07:00:28PM -0400, Jim Irrer wrote:
> If I checkout the latest server code, will I get the bug23274 fix?

Nope. bug23274 has been abandoned. bug23568 replaces it, but is yet to
go through QA. None of the documentation regarding writing plugins has
been updated.

> If not, what is the Mercurial command to get it?

hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-public-umbrella -r bug23568

But you'll need to make sure all the plugins are also on branch bug23568
for them to work with the new build system.

If you're writing plugins from scratch, be sure to read the
rabbitmq-public-umbrella/README.makefiles file, which has a helpful
section on "Creating a new package".

Matthew