[rabbitmq-discuss] acquiring channels per connection

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Wed Mar 16 15:57:18 GMT 2011

On Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Gavin M. Roy wrote:

> If you want to use multiple channels, I recommend having a sound reason for it.

One use case that hit me when I hit send would be to have different credentials when publishing or consuming. I would not recommend connecting and creating channels on each request however, as a new connection requires multiple synchronous communication steps, in addition to the synchronous channel opening.

Note that in Pika this is not blocking, however it will cause your app to return responses much slower than if you just setup a connection and channel on application construction.

Gavin