[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit Shovel Plugin

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 16 15:29:58 GMT 2011

On 15/03/11 14:19, butterdave2 wrote:
> I'm interested in seeing if Shovel can meet some of my messaging
> requirements.
> On the plugins page, a rabbitmq-shovel-2.3.1.ez is provided. Can I just pop
> this into the plugins dir? Or do I have to build it from source?

See the explanation on the very same page at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugins.html#overview

<quote>
The simplest way to install plugins is to download all the required .ez
files from this page, drop them in your plugins directory and restart
RabbitMQ.
</quote>

And at http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugins.html#rabbitmq-shovel it says
<quote>
To use this plugin the following files are required:
     * amqp_client
     * rabbitmq-shovel
</quote>

...which links to the two .ez files you'll need.

Regards,

Matthias.