[rabbitmq-discuss] Client connect/disconnect events on the server side

Miguel Morales therevoltingx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:53:03 GMT 2011

Mathias,

Well I haven't researched this, but it's something that I need to implement
in the near future.
Basically, I have a public broker which clients (android devices in my case)
connect and disconnect.  When they log-in it would be considered that they
are 'active' if they log-out it would be considered that they are
'inactive.'

This is important because other clients need to know information about
'active' clients.

I haven't done much research into it because I'm avoiding it until I get
closer to release it to the real world.

I am indeed interested in network connects/disconnects, but I would also
need to know the username of the client that just logged in.
(for example, if the client suddenly disconnects I need to set their status
to 'inactive' in my global database.)

Other than that, I think my best choice would be to bind to the
amq.rabbitmq.log exchange (didn't know about it before) and parse the log
messages.
However, that seems a bit brittle for me (might change between versions),
but it would work well.

Thanks for your suggestions, it might help the original poster as well.

--
~ Jeremiah:9:23-24
Android 2D MMORPG: http://solrpg.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/revoltingx