[rabbitmq-discuss] 2.0: The Future of Pika

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Mon Mar 14 16:21:08 GMT 2011

On Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> Gavin,
>
> Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> > The major change for the driver, from my perspective, is the removal of
> > auto-generated driver mixin rpc command methods to having a object model
> > closer to what is seen in spec.py, with the AMQP methods accessed
> > through their class directly. Think Basic.ack(channel, delivery_tag)
> > instead of channel.basic_ack(delivery_tag).
>
> It's a common misconception about AMQP that the spec's class/method
> terminology implies some sort of sensible mapping to the corresponding
> OO terms. It does not.
Right, I am familiar with the differences.
> What state is associated with instances of the Basic class?

In what I am proposing to change, there would be no state for Basic class.
> Or with instances of the Queue class?
>
> 6) A queue of a specific name, in a particular vhost & broker
More specifically a queue of a specific name on a specific channel.
> (6) would make some sense too. The Queue constructor would take the
> channel and queue name.
*nod*

I want to reduce the work involved for the developer in areas where we can denote some level of state.

This is obviously a big change from the current client which is one of the reasons I raise the concept here.

Regards,

Gavin