[rabbitmq-discuss] Client IP based user login permissions

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 11 10:36:41 GMT 2011

On 10/03/11 19:57, Oren Shomron wrote:
> Are there any plans for client ip permissions mapping, similar to
> PostgreSQL's pg_hba.conf, where you would be able to define which
> users are allowed to login from which ip's?

Hi Oren. There are vague plans in my head, but figuring out how it would
interact with everything else in the world of authentication is not
completely obvious.

Knowing your use case would help.

> Are there any workarounds to achieve such functionality, like running
> the broker on multiple ports, having the different ports use different
> virtual hosts, and using firewall rules to enforce the whole thing?

I'm afraid that wouldn't work - you can't map virtual hosts to ports.

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ