[rabbitmq-discuss] socket error while using rabbitmq and a NAT (Network address translation)

mysurf mail stammailbox at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 12:55:03 GMT 2011

Hi Emile,
I have a few questions:
1. On the rabbitmq server we have a few Erlang versions. Should that create
a problem .
(For now, I finished removing the older ones, so currently we have only
5.8.2 and the problem still exists
2. I have added the logs file from the rabbitmq server. I am the ip that
ends with 170.120 and my last trial had an exception.

3. Now about that tracer. I have been having some hard time finding
documentation for it.
Should I run it from the client (it comes with the client packacge) or in
the server? I am running it in the client.
my rabbit node port is 1434.  so I am running it with
.\runjava.bat co m.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer 1434 192.168.100.251 5672
are my parameters ok ?
I used rabbit node port as listenport and 5672 as connect port. I also
switched them but no luck . I didnt see anything on the cmd when I invoked
my produce command.
here it is

C:\workspace\thirdparty\rabbitmq\rabbitmq-java-client-bin-2.3.1>.\runjava.bat co
m.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer 1434 192.168.100.251 5672
Usage: Tracer [<listenport> [<connecthost> [<connectport>]]]
Invoked as: Tracer 1434 192.168.100.251 5672
com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.WITHHOLD_INBOUND_HEARTBEATS = false
com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.WITHHOLD_OUTBOUND_HEARTBEATS = false
com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.NO_ASSEMBLE_FRAMES = false
com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.NO_DECODE_FRAMES = false
com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.SUPPRESS_COMMAND_BODIES = false
Terminate batch job (Y/N)? y

C:\workspace\thirdparty\rabbitmq\rabbitmq-java-client-bin-2.3.1>.\runjava.bat co
m.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer 5673 192.168.100.251 1434
Usage: Tracer [<listenport> [<connecthost> [<connectport>]]]
Invoked as: Tracer 5673 192.168.100.251 1434
com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.WITHHOLD_INBOUND_HEARTBEATS = false
com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.WITHHOLD_OUTBOUND_HEARTBEATS = false
com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.NO_ASSEMBLE_FRAMES = false
com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.NO_DECODE_FRAMES = false
com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.SUPPRESS_COMMAND_BODIES = false

And one last thing - Our production environment is a mess currently, so I
really appreciate your assistance so far.
Thanks.