[rabbitmq-discuss] Default Virtual Host and HTTP API problem

Tony Garnock-Jones tonygarnockjones+rabbitmq at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 17:37:17 BST 2011

Hi Alfonso,

On 30 June 2011 11:39, Alfonso Pantoja <alfonso.pantoja at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've found a problem using the HTTP API. Using .NET you should use
> sockets or a hack to make a webrequest using the character %2F
> because .NET replaces that %2F by "/"
> so http://server/api/%2F/queues becomes always http://server/api///queues
> and a not found is get.

I recommend avoiding the broken Microsoft HTTP client library, and using a
better third-party library. A few minutes googling produced
http://www.codescales.com/, which looks plausible.

(It seems that MS have actually willfully crippled their client: see, for
instance, this bug
report<http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/94109/system-uri-constructor-evaluates-escaped-slashes-and-removes-double-slashes>.
"We are not aware of any such real world scenarios currently."—good grief!)

Regards,
  Tony