[rabbitmq-discuss] LATEST.LOG growth on clustered ram node

Chris Madden chris.madden at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 02:55:26 BST 2011

I've whipped up a pair of python scripts that demonstrate the issue.
 They're using the queue-per-request anti-pattern, as that is what my
production code is using  (if I can only get more time...)

My test environment is 2 ubuntu 11.04 server boxes with erlang R14b03.  I
have no plugins on a clean install of rabbit 2.5.0.  There are  2 nodes in
my cluster, A and B.  A is a disc node, B is a ram node.  I run echo.py on
the ram node, and spew.py on the disc node.  Each python script connects to
its local broker.  I'm using python-amqplib 0.6.1-1 for these scripts,
though my production code is java based.  The "guest" account is set as an
administrator on vhost /.  On my setup, the LATEST.LOG grows decently fast,
maybe 15 meg an hour.

If there is something pathological in my scripts, I'd love to hear it
(beyond the aforementioned anti-pattern)... it is entirely possible I'm not
releasing a resource I guess.  Also, I'm using basic_get() as it avoids the
complexity of threading logic in the example, in production I use consumers.

tarball md5 is 1591ebbb1e9cffa06e6aec1c1ecb7b1d