[rabbitmq-discuss] accessing rabbitmq with json-rpc

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 20 14:49:17 BST 2011

On 18/06/11 16:11, hufflepuff at hush.com wrote:
> What am I doing wrong? Is it even possible to send a POST request
> to rabbitmq without changing the example plugin and loading it
> straight into rabbitmq? Otherwise (sorry if this sounds rude) what
> is the point of json-rpc?

I assume that most people using json-rpc either:

1) Play with it in a trivial manner (i.e. serve static content with
RabbitMQ)

or

2) Use some HTTP proxying to make it seem like part of the same domain

or

3) Use it with some server-side http messaging (I think someone wrote a
PHP library which talks to JSON-RPC rather than AMQP?)

Having said that, it seems like CORS support would be a sensible thing
to add. Having said *that*, rabbitmq-jsonrpc-channel doesn't really have
a maintainer now, so I can't promise anything.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware