[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit Boot Steps

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Sun Jun 19 21:56:30 BST 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 09:52:21PM +0200, Alvaro Videla wrote:
> So, basically rabbit:boot_steps/0 will look for *rabbit_boot_step* declarations in the loaded apps modules, which mean we can use them on plugins right?

Yup indeed. The nice thing is that that means you can just put the boot
steps in the relevant locations in your plugins.

> BTW, I attached a silly patch for rabbit_misc:module_attributes/1 warning message when the module is not defined. I think the function can be used for all kind of attributes an not only boot steps.

That's correct. We only use it with all the modules that we find - we
only call it from all_module_attributes, but yes, the error msg is
overly specific, as you spotted. Thanks.

Matthew