[rabbitmq-discuss] Exchange performance

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 17 14:45:28 BST 2011

On 17/06/11 14:38, Max C wrote:
> Thank you all so much, your answers are really helpfull.
>
>> if your design is 1000 queues and a choice between either 100 direct exchanges or one headers exchange
> This is almost that except there would be a lot of more exchanges than
> queues, say, 50 queues and 1000 direct exchanges.
> But, if I understood what you've said previously, 1 exhange with 1000
> tags should be better than 1000 exchanges with no tag.

I'm not sure I understand. But what I was trying to say is that the
different exchange types scale differently with different numbers of
bindings - fanout and direct are very fast, topic is fast (post 2.4.0),
and headers is slow.

Worrying about this in advance may be a case of micro-optimisation though...

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware