[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ as a reliable message queue

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:47:14 BST 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 2:14 AM, T-zex <tranzenziuzex at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unexpected shut down of a process (power failure) will result in
> "good" message being put to the end of the queue - a very unexpected
> behaviour. In case of a "bad" message application should decide that
> it is bad and what should be done with it - requeue (unlikely) or get
> rid of it.

Well technically you can do that already. If you don't want it
requeued just consume it and toss it, if you want it requeued just
recreate the channel. I'm not sure that a message in the process of
being consumed when the broker dies is requeued to the back. My
experience is the queue comes up in the state it was in when the
broker died.

-J