[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq puppet module

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 15 11:05:02 BST 2011

On 15/06/11 07:05, Dan Bode wrote:
> I have been working on a puppet module for managing rabbitmq. It should
> be ready enough for people to try out.

Cool!

> Feedback would be greatly appreciated, and best facilitated as issues
> through github or via email

Couple of things, just from reading the source.

TODO says:

   - can permissions from list_user_permissions contain whitespace?

They can contain spaces. In general you should parse the output of
rabbitmqctl treating only tabs as delimiters, it'll never use spaces.

The approach of copying .ez files into the repo for plugin support seems
a bit odd, since that means you'll always be behind. Might be better to
assemble the URL for the plugin and download it. Mind you, we just
changed the naming scheme in 2.5.0...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen