[rabbitmq-discuss] Bug or feature? Erlang client

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 13 17:36:47 BST 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 08:02:32PM +0400, Groshev Dmitry wrote:
> I have a node running rabbit. I'm trying to connect to a rabbit with
> "direct" method from another node (with same cookie, of course), but
> amqp_connect fails with broker_not_found_in_vm. I'm pinging manually
> rabbit's host during init and I can see rabbit at rabbithost in nodes(),
> but driver doesn't work. "network" method works fine. What am I doing
> wrong?

Hmm. amqp_connect isn't a function. You should be doing something like:

Conn = amqp_connection:start(#amqp_params_direct{ node = RemoteNode }),

The "broker_not_found_in_vm" is more interesting though as it suggests
that the connection is being made, but then rabbit isn't finding the
broker running, which is doubly odd if it then works via the network.

Are your versions of the erlang client and the server mismatched? If you
do, from the client node, an "rpc:call(RemoteNode, application,
which_applications, [])", do you get a list back including rabbit?

Matthew